A cowshed which is unusually large for a mountain district.
This cowshed was probably built in 1859. Its size results from its having been used partly as overnight accommodation for travellers. The attic area above the animal stable was used for accommodation. The very first road went past the shed.
The cowshed part has double walls built of graphitiferous slate. The intervening space is filled with soil. The roof is covered with overlapping boards. The fodder store is built on posts and has external standing panels covered by a turf roof. The roof, unusually in these latitudes, is held up by an arrangement of posts known as a mesula.